Setting up CloudForecast to report on your AWS spend will take less than 2 minutes with CloudFormation.
The CloudFormation stack is granting us read-only access to very specific billing files from an S3 bucket. This helps us process and create the cost report for you on a daily basis. Here is the JSON file that the CloudFormation stack is associated and all the permissions: CloudForecast CloudFormation Stack JSON.
Please follow all the steps thoroughly to ensure proper integration with CloudForecast. If you have any follow up questions, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're here to help!
- Within the setup process, open and run our CloudFormation Stack by clicking the link provided in Step 1. If you are not logged into the AWS console, there will be a prompt to log-in into your console:
- Scroll down and under Capabilities, check on I Acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources and click the Create button.
- In the final screen of the CloudFormation setup, you'll see a column that says Status: CREATE_IN_PROGRESS. Please wait about 10-15 seconds, and press refresh on the page until Status: CREATE_COMPLETE is shown. You can toggle between Stack Info and the Event's tab as well to get an update on the status.
- Click the Outputs Tab. Copy the column that says Value.
- Paste Value into Step 2 field, Enter the AWS IAM ARN.
- Press Next to confirm. Success! You should receive your first cost report within 24 hours.
After completing these steps with the CloudFormation template, you'll need to enable access to the CUR billing files. Enable AWS Cost and Usage Report for CloudForecast.