The EC2 dashboard is a high level overview of all your charges from your AWS account. This dashboard will include both your Reserved Instances and Non-Reserved Instance cost. With this dashboard, you will be able to get more information around your EC2 cost visualized with line graphs, bar graphs and pie charts and drill down further to get better insights into your cost. In addition, you can apply filters such as, date( month, year and date), or sub-account to focus your dashboard further.
Here are the graphs/charts provided for you in this dashboard:
- Reserved Instance cost
- Non-reserved instance cost
- Non Reserved Instance: Instance Type
- Reserved Instance: Instance Type
- Overall RI Charges (RI -> Operation -> UsageType -> ItemDescription)
- LoadBalancing: (UsageType -> Item)
To interact and drill down into any of these graphs and charts, hover over the graph until a hand pops up and left click. You will be presented an menu to drill down further into the graph you are interacting with.