Setup CloudOutage to only notify you of service alerts based on your AWS account!
The following should take less than 5 minutes to setup:
- Click this link to go to CloudWatch and Log in: https://console.aws.amazon.com/cloudwatch/home?region=us-east-1#
- On the left hand navigation bar under Events, click Rules, and Create Rule Button
- Under the Service Name dropdown, type in and select Health
- Under Targets on the right hand side, press the Add target button
- The dropdown should say "Lambda Function". Type in Event bus in another AWS account in place of that and have that selected. Under Account ID, Input: 177423693719.
- Press the blue Configure details button on the bottom right side.
- Enter in CloudOutage in Name and press the blue Create rule button.
- Get your Account ID by clicking on your account name drop down on on the top navigation bar, and My Account. You will see Account ID under Account Settings.
- Copy the Account ID and go back to slack and type in /cloudoutage and press configure. Paste in the Account ID into the AWS Account ID field. Press Save.
If you have any follow up questions, email us at email@example.com.